Re: replacements for depreciated widgets

On 17 Oct 2001, Detlef Reichl wrote:

> i'm on extending the tree view widget. for this i need the drawing area.
> but this widget is marked as depresiated in gtk 2.0. what is the
> appropriate replacement for this.

Drawing area doesn't look like it's depecated.
If you meant the tree widget is, look at the API and you'll see the widget
it has been replaced by.

from http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtktree.html

GtkTree -- Deprecated tree widget (use GtkTreeView instead).

May be all the deprecated widgets should point on the new widget to use.

> have a nice day
> detlef

 Xavier Ordoquy, Aurora-linux
 "The software said 'runs on Win95 or better,' so I installed it on Linux"