Signal emission question

Hi,

I just need to confirm something from a previous message some weeks ago about signal emission. I think I remeber Owen said the only signals a user would need to emit are those marked with the G_SIGNAL_ACTION flag set. From a grep search of the gtk directory these are:

'focus_tab and select_page' from gtknotebook.c

'move_slider' from gtkrange.c

'activate_focus, actviate_default and move_focus' from gtkwindow.c.

Are these the only signals a user would need to emit or can any signal be emitted. Is signal emission intended primarily for writers of widgets rather than users of widget.

Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks.

Jeff.