Re: new glib/gtk+ release request ...

    Owen> But yes, things are basically pretty nailed down in almost all
    Owen> areas.  The places where there are still uncertainty are really:

    Owen>  - Keyboard handling (the 4 accel group bugs on the API Freeze
    Owen>    milestone, plus dealing with the open keynav bugs.)
    Owen>  - Size allocation. (no real API changes, but some possible
    Owen>    semantic changes that could affect people, especially those
    Owen>    doing marginal things.)

(I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if I'm rehashing old stuff.)

Owen and I exchanged a message or two recently about converting
GtkSpinButton to use binding sets.  After spinning my wheels a bit on it, I
concluded I'm going to need some help.  Is there a clean before/after
example I could look at this would make the transition to binding sets
clearer?  I looked at the before/after change for GtkEntry (1.90 vs 1.91),
but so many other changes happened at the same time I can't really see the
forest for the trees.

Which brings me to the real point of this message.  What's the status of
converting to binding sets and when is it anticipated to be complete?  I
have a client that will need this stuff (the current GtkSpinButton key press
handling stuff obscures attempts to use the arrow keys with modifiers), so I
have a little window of opportunity here to contribute something, but I
think I'll need a bit of help wrapping my brain around the old vs. new way
of doing things.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
http://www.mojam.com/