Re: GtkButtons and RUN_FIRST/RUN_LAST

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 12:21:27AM +0200, Tim Janik wrote:
> so ideally, ::clicked would be RUN_LAST, and GtkToggleButton.clicked()
> would do nothing else than { set_state (!toggle_button->state); },
> same for radio button, so it can be used as a differently drawn
> toggle button.

	I'm still not getting why the default of "user code is run
before the state is correct" is considered ideal.   The only thing I can
come up with is "in case the user wants to stop the signal".
	If the user wants to connect before the state is updated and
happy, I would think it should be *explict*, so that a user likely knows
what they are doing when they choose to do so.  Is the motivation for
RUN_LAST merely to avoid having connect_before()?

Joel

--

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org