Re: GLIB_AC_DIVERT_BEFORE_HELP

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Ron Steinke wrote:

> From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
> >
> > Ron Steinke <rsteinke w-link net> writes:
> >
> > > 	I'm having some trouble building the most recent CVS gtk+.
> > > When I built glib, the file acglib.m4 containing the macro
> > > GLIB_AC_DIVERT_BEFORE_HELP was not installed along with everything
> > > else. Copying the file into $(installdir)/share/aclocal (which is
> > > passed to aclocal with a -I flag) doesn't seem to help aclocal
> > > in gtk+ find this macro, however. Any ideas?
> >
> > It's in acinclude.m4 in GTK+ ... aclocal should pick it up
> > automatically ... and does for me.
> >
> > I'm not sure what's going on for you, really.
>
> On closer examination, it's autoconf that's barfing. The output is:
>
> configure.in:159: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC
> autoconf: Undefined macros:
> configure.in:101:GLIB_AC_DIVERT_BEFORE_HELP([
> configure.in:25:GLIB_AC_DIVERT_BEFORE_HELP([
>
> Is it not reading in acinclude.m4?

autoconf doesn't read acinclude.m4.  Instead, it reads aclocal.m4, which
is generated by the aclocal program by copying macros from the aclocal dir
that are used and appending acinclude.m4.

If the macro isn't in the aclocal.m4 file, most likely aclocal barfed,
which would be a bit further up in your build log :)

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/