Re: glib-1.3.7 on Darwin

Finlay Dobbie <finlay dobbie btinternet com> writes:
> Adds knowledge of Darwin (Mac OS X) to config.guess so you don't have
> to manually specify the system type. I hope this is the right place to
> send this type of thing :-) (or should I be using bugzilla.gnome.org
> or similar?)

config.guess is just created by autoconf - it's not a file we
maintain. So this change needs to go upstream to the autoconf
people. They might already have such a fix, in which case the issue is
that we need to upgrade the autoconf used to create the GLib
distribution.

> Also, what are the implications of this:
> configure: warning: I can't find the MACRO to enable thread safety on
> your
>                  platform (normally it's _REENTRANT). I'll not use any
> flag on
>                  compilation now, but then your programs might not work.
>                  Please provide information on how it is done on your
> system.
> configure: warning: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
>                  functions will not be MT-safe during their first call
> because
>                  there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
> configure: warning: the 'g_date_set_time' function will not be MT-safe
>                  because there is no 'localtime_r' on your system.
>
> Will this cause problems at all?

If you are running threaded apps, then yes it might. (Because things
won't be threadsafe.)

Havoc