Re: GtkModule fixes (#56916)

On 8 Sep 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> [ Resend s/gtk-devel-lsit/gtk-devel-list/ ]
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> The following patch I think fixes all issues for #56916.
>
> The search path defaults to
> $libdir/gtk-2.0/<type>/major.minor.(micro-binary_age),
> but can be augmented with the GTK_MODULE_PATH environment
> variable.
>
> If you give it a quick look over to make sure that you
> are happy with it, I'd appreciate it.

i went over it and it looks good to me, it doesn't however
solve the burden of the user always needing to specify
GTK_MODULE_PATH if he went for a private installation.
to amend that, i think we should add a token
add_module_path = "foo" in rc files which doesn't reset the
current module path, but simply adds to it. with that, module
installations can add and remove additional paths to/from ~/.gtkrc.

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---
ciaoTJ