Re: problems compiling gtk+ 1.3.7

On  8 Sep, Owen Taylor wrote:

> horst freedict de writes:
>
>> Hello, as I wanted to try the unicode features of gtk, I downloaded gtk
>> 1.3.7 (gtk+-all-1.3.7), and tried to compile it (on linux 2.4.0; xfree
>> 4.1.0), but failed:

<snip/>

>> make[4]: *** [gdkdrawable-x11.lo] Error 1
>>

>> Any hints, what I do wrong?
>> My search did not produce valuable hints what is going wrong.
>
> Pango currently requires FreeType 2.0.3 not 2.0.4. (Trouble is
> that they are somewhat source incompatible and it's hard to be
> compatible with both.) We'll hopefully get this fixed soon -
> for now, you can downgrade FreeType, or, to compile without
> FreeType support, you could do:
>
>  FREETYPE_CONFIG=no ./configure
>
> in Pango.

I was not sucessfull applying this, but installing FreeType 2.0.3 helped
(I could not find anything FreeType related on my system)

Thanks,

horst

> Regards,

Horst freedict de
Horst Eyermann
Germany

You need a dictionary? - visit http://www.freedict.de
for free (GPL) dictionaries (unix; windows work in progress)
For windows, visit http://www.freedict.de/wbuch

A article (in German) about dictionary efforts on the net
http://www.heise.de/tp/deutsch/inhalt/on/5927/1.html