Re: gtk_text_buffer_delete_interactive

vishnu pobox com writes:
> Should my patch virtualize both interactive insert & delete?  (i only
> need interactive delete.)

I think both, and also the insert_pixbuf, insert_child_anchor, etc.

I hate to have so many extra signals for this though. :-(
Seems cluttered. There must be a more elegant solution...

Are we sure this is handling the general issue? (vs. the specific
thing you are doing) -

The general issue might be:
  - intercepting and modifying specific user actions
    (deletions? delete key press?)
  - simply that allowing "treat multiple chars as a single object"
    should be a tag property? since e.g. you also need to handle
    this when selecting, you should be able to select only all
    or none of the email address
  - I had another one but I forgot it

I'm concerned that you will need a lot more hooks than this to do what
youu want, e.g. to handle the selection thing.

We also need to think through the line between "things the text widget
supports" and "things that would be too complicated and little-used to
support"; right now the text widget is already quite complex and
supports tons of stuff, so my tendency is to let it exist for a
release and see how it goes before we add more features.

Havoc