Re: Recent changes to gdk-pixbuf break full build of gtk+

Me:

>> The code in pixops includes gdk-pixbuf.h, but since the pixops subdir builds
>> before the top level gdk-pixbuf dir, the file gdk-pixbuf-enums.h is not yet
>> generated.
>>
>> What is the right way to fix this? Do I need to file a bug report for this
>> just-introduced problem?

James:

> I hadn't realised that I had introduced that problem with my enum types
> patch :(  One possible fix might be to add the line to
> gdk-pixbuf/Makefile.am:
>
> all-recursive: $(gdk_pixbuf_built_headers)
>
> I haven't tested this yet, but it should work.  It is a bit of a hack
> though.

Another alternative is to make sure that there's some way to include all the
stuff that pixops needs without also including gdk-pixbuf-enums.h. A tiny
bit of splitting up of gdk-pixbuf.h would do the trick.

This fix wouldn't require any build hacks.

Who's going to fix this? I would do it myself, but the frustration caused by
the "make fix, create patch, wait for commit approval" process combined with
my limited time budget for gnome work makes me hesitate to do so unless one
of the gtk maintainers specifically encourages me to.

    -- Darin