Re: GTK+ HEAD and Pango HEAD

> In my mind "if I haven't used it before, if I don't see it used
> all over the place in other software, it's a potential portability
> problem" ... too much hard experience with X stuff that really
> should have been portable.

Speaking of which, any reason why the following functions
are used in Gtk+:

XProcessInternalConnection
XAddConnectionWatch

they are used in gdk/x11/gdkmain-x11.c

These are apparently X11R6 extensions, and make it impossible to
build Gtk+ out of the box under Solaris 2.5.1

Now, if you comment these calls out, Gtk+ seems to work fine,
so this is a bit puzzling, and if these calls could be removed,
that'd be great.

The other piece of code that uses non existent calls under Solaris 2.5.1
is in modules/input/gtkimcontext.c (XIMValuesList, XIC). This file
gets compiled, even when using --disable-xim

Arno