GDK: Window resizing

Hello

Im currently working on a port of glib/gdk/gtk (atk/pango) to the AmigaDE/Elate platform and I have some question..
My current problem is that Im little unsure on how window-resize is handled, and what I am expected to do to get the
resize work....
This is what I try to do now based on looking on code from gdk/x11 and gdk/win32.

I have a function (elate_gdkwineventfunc()) that will detect the OS event and try to convert it to an gdk-event this
works well for a GDK_DELETE but I have big trouble with resizing. basicly my Idea of the whole thing was that it
would be enugh to make a GDK_CONFIGURE event and just
_gdk_event_queue_append(event) it and i expected a redraw and a resize call back from the gdk machinerary but does
not happend... and locking into the code from x11 and win32 the internal gdkwindow object seems to be updated befor
the event is inserted into gdk with _gdk_event_queue_append()

The behavior I get is that the main window seems untouched, it is not redrawn or resized.... the childwindows are
resized but only in hight not in the width (but this might be my fault I have not investigated in this before) the
example I use to thest this in is the gtk arrow example, that consist of a window with 4 arrow buttons in diferent
direction.

My question is,

1. What is I suppose to be doing when I want to resize?
2. Is I supposed to also insert a GDK_EXPOSE to get my redraw after a GDK_CONFIGURE event is inserted?

I using GTK_2_0_9 as the current base of my port

--
Stefan "Zingo" Andersen   (zingo.org and vectrace.com)