Re: Testing GLib cross compilation

Johannes Stezenbach <js convergence de> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 05:41:02PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Since my set of cross-compilation environments is rather
> > limited (I have a partially working linux to mingw32
> > environment), I'd appreciate it if people would try out
> > the changes so we can make sure that it actually is
> > functional for GLib-2.2.0.
> >
> > The changes are in CVS now, or will be in a GLIb-2.1.4
> > release that I plan on doing later today.
>
> I tried the glib-2.1.4 tarball.
>
> I configure with --disable-shared --enable-static, and I have
> $LIBS set in a crude and special way that requires -lpthread
> to appear *before* my $LIBS on the liker command line. Here's
> what works for me:

Thanks for the fixes, I've committed them to CVS now; I think there is
a strong theoretical basis for putting the added libs before $LIBS -
when they actually get used in the final Makefile.am, you get, eg:

        $(LINK) $(thread_test_LDFLAGS) $(thread_test_OBJECTS) $(thread_test_LDADD) $(LIBS)

So, if the extra libraries *must* work when put before $(LIBS),
so we might as well do it that way in the configure.in too.

Thu Dec 12 23:08:29 2002  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>

        Fixes from Johannes Stezenbach

        * configure.in: When adding extra libraries to $LIBS for
        tests, always put them at the front, since that's how
        they'll be used in the actual Makefiles.

        * configure.in: Add a couple of missing ','s in AC_LINK_IFELSE()

        * m4macros/glib-gettext.m4: Remove a stray setting of $LIBS.