Re: 30bit colordepth

Around 19 o'clock on Dec 24, =?iso-8859-1?q?Sander=20Vesik?= wrote:

> Wouldn't SGI / Sun / IBM  who have framebuffers with
> more than 8 bits per primary have had to handle this
> already?

SGI advertises a 10-10-10 visual, but nothing deeper than 32 bits total.
The core protocol doesn't have any support for wider pixel values.

My plan is to provide an extension that describes wider visuals and have
them mapped to narrow versions for legacy clients.  This will also require
wider PutImage/GetImage requests, but we need new image transport in any
case to do image compression.