Re: [Usability] GTK dialog separator [was Re: A bunch of UI issues]

Evan Martin <martine cs washington edu> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 12:38:35PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >  68938 GtkDialog's separator should be removed
>
> It seems to me that the separator is a UI consistency detail and as such
> could/should be something controlled by the theme.

The problem is that sometimes you definitely want it off (e.g. if the
dialog already contains a notebook).

If the theme controls it, the theme setting would be "if there's a
separator, do/don't show it" - that might make sense though.
In that case we'd leave the API as-is and deprecate nothing.

Maybe you can already do this in a theme by setting x/y thickness to 0
for GtkDialog.*GtkSeparator. Though that's wrong since it'd also kill
other separators in the dialog. We could gtk_widget_set_name() on the
above-buttons separator perhaps.

Havoc