Re: GtkHSV

Hi,

Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:

> I suppose an alternative (that would definately have a minimal impact
> for 2.0) would be for the alternative colour model enthusiasts to get
> together and develop a very lightweight library (with a verty lightweight
> API) on top of gtk+ that might (if it turned out nice) get merged into
> gtk+ at say 2.2 as an API addition?

I think this is a good idea and I'd suggest to implement this for The
GIMP. We are splitting thing up into smaller libraries anyway and we
already have color selection modules. Instead of putting overly much
functionality into GTK+, there should be a small library that handles
colors and provides widgets to manipulate them. libgimpcolor could be
a good start.

Salut, Sven