Re: gtk_tree_model_sort_increment_stamp doesn't increment stamp

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> On 2/11/02 4:11 PM, "Jonathan Blandford" <jrb redhat com> wrote:
>
> > Eek.  That is almost certainly supposed to be:
> >
> > do { tree_model_sort->stamp++; } while (tree_model_sort->stamp == 0);
> >
> > We don't want stamp wrapping around to 0, but we do want to increase it
> > most of the time. (-;
>
> I had assumed that, and I changed it to that, and found all sorts of asserts
> firing. I think gtk_tree_model_sort_increment_stamp is called at in many
> places where it's not correct to invalidate all outstanding iterators.

That's bad!  This bug may hurt.

> I have a more-correct version of the patch to fix the insert_value function,
> but things aren't sorting correctly for me, so I assume there's more to fix.
> That's why I didn't post the patch before now. I'm running out of stamina
> for GtkTreeModelSort hacking for today.

Understandable.

> Also, there is enough untested here that I think I (or someone else) better
> debug this in a GtkTreeModelSort test, rather than using the Nautilus tree
> view as the test case.

I'm getting a few warnings here with treestoretest.  Kristian, do you
have time to give it a quick look?  I think it's just stamp incremented
at the wrong time, but I could be wrong.

> Here's the latest version of that other patch. Apologies for some gratuitous
> formatting fixups. OK to commit?

This patch is fine.

Thanks,
-Jonathan