Re: MD5 hashes

On 11 Feb 2002, Dan Winship wrote:

> > didn't happen, but I wonder if anyone has written some code that
> > implement the algorithm in a GLib style. Would save me some work...
>
> evolution/e-util/md5-utils.[ch] is code taken from somewhere else and
> modified to use glib types. Claims to be in the public domain too.

the csl CVS module on freedesktop.org also has an implementation
of this (csl/csl/artsmd5.c) which is sufficiently GLib-stylish,
the exact license is:

 * Part of this code implements the MD5 message-digest algorithm.
 * The algorithm is due to Ron Rivest.  This code was
 * written by Colin Plumb in 1993, no copyright is claimed.
 * This code is in the public domain; do with it what you wish.
 *
 * Equivalent code is available from RSA Data Security, Inc.
 * This code has been tested against that, and is equivalent,
 * except that you don't need to include two pages of legalese
 * with every copy.

> -- Dan

---
ciaoTJ