Re: 1.3.15 reminder / must-fix bugs

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> I notice that there are no keynav bugs on your list.

At this point, the remaining keynav issues are the sticky ones. They have
a big work / benefit ratio so they aren't at the top of my list. (plus,
they are generally easy to fix post 2.0.0.)

> The bugs which I had hoped would be on your list were 54543 (GtkMenuBar),
> (clarify what should be selected when menu is popped up by keystoke or mouse)

Could you give a brief summary of what needs doing here? I must admit
I get get little lost in this bug report :-)

> and  54047 (GtkToolbar) as toolbar and multiple menubars are completely
> inaccessible.

At one point, I had suggested that toolbar keynav shouldn't be an
item for 2.0.0, and that for 2.0.0 we should say that toolbar items
must have menu equivalents. (Something that most platforms do.)
I think I even got grudging acceptance from Calum on that. It wasn't
clear to me that there was a clear idea of how toolbar keynav should
work.

However, I've put your patch on the 1.3.15 milestone and will try
find time to look at it.

Multiple menubars are, I expect, more of a theoretical concern than a
real one -- sounds like a real bad idea to me from a design standpoint.