Re: 1.3.15 reminder / must-fix bugs

Arnaud Charlet <charlet ACT-Europe FR> writes:

> > Also, I'd be interested in getting nominations for must-fix bugs for
> > 2.0.0.
>
> I have a few in this category (IMHO):

OK, I haven't been tracking text widget bugs, but have left that to Havoc.
He's travelling this week, so there probably won't be any more
text widgets fixes for 1.3.15, but if there is anything crucial then
we should be able to get it fixed next week.

> >  - Crash or major misbehavior triggered in plausible circumstances.
> #68000
> Having text deleted in your text widget when doing a selection is very
> unfriendly.

Actually a dup of 70616. Just checked in a fix.

> I had #59101 but the milestone has been moved to 2.0.1, which means, I guess,
> that this bug is no longer appearing very often, in which case the 2.0.1
> milestone sounds fine.

It looks to me like Havoc is saying "this is fixed, but I'm not sure there
isn't something wrong internally."

> #67999 is definitely user unfriendly and makes the new text widget almost
> unusable for any serious usage, which would be too bad for such a powerful
> widget.

Well, I'm not sure I'd say "unusable". It's basically comsmetic. But
yes, it will look bad if this is left around. I'd agree this is is a
mustfix.

> >  - Would cause compatibility problems if fixed later.
>
> #58742 is in this category.

We can always add another entry point. We aren't making incompatible
API changes at this point, at least. What I mean by compatibility
problems are things like installation locations, RC file syntax, and
stuff that would be very hard to do while maintaining ABI
compatibility.

(And yes, strlen is darn fast compared to most of the stuff the text
widget does...)