Re: broken accelerator changes

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 10:53:44AM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

[ right-click to set key ]

> This might make sense for 2.2, but needs to be done in the context
> of some clean way of doing right-click menus on menu items, since people
> want to do this for other things as well. ("Add this item to the panel
> as a launcher")
>
> Please file a bug so we can track the idea.

Done.

> > The current system isn't too bad for us (ROX-Session acts as a settings
> > manager and will simply set the feature on by default), but I don't like
> > the new instructions on setting key bindings in the ROX-Filer Options
> > box...
> >
> > 	"... except that Gtk+-2.0 users may find this doesn't work. In
> > 	this case, you need to find your XSettings manager (eg,
> > 	ROX-Session, or some other program) and configure this setting on.
> > 	If you don't have an XSettings manager, you'll need to get one,
> > 	and have it running all the time."
>
> Well, it seems a little odd to be describing this in the ROX-filer docs,
> (does every app describe it in their docs?). But you do realize that a

The filer is the core of the ROX desktop (background, panel, app launcher,
installer/uninstaller, etc), so it seems a good place to document the UI
features...

> user can put:
>
>  gtk-can-change-accels = 1
>
> in your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 as a simple way of turning on the setting without
> a XSETTINGS manager?

Some users just don't seem happy about editing hidden config files...
dunno why ;-)

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r ecs soton ac uk		tal197 users sourceforge net