Re: New release of GTK+ libraries (1.3.15). Please test!

Another glitch (let me know if you want a bug filed in bugzilla) that
is not new in Gtk+ 1.3.15, but annoying for 2.0:

When you define the env variable PANGO_RC_FILE, to make binary distribs,
it is annoying that pango still tries to open the file <prefix>/etc/pangorc,
since on systems where pango hasn't been built/installed, this file won't
be found, generating an annoying error message on the screen.

I'd suggest not looking for <prefix>/etc/pango when PANGO_RC_FILE is set.

Same rule for other similar environment variables if any.

Also, speaking of binary distributions (which gtk 2.0 has made much harder
than gtk 1.2, as all of you probably know) of gtk 2.0 based applications,
is there a way (I couldn't find one) to disable the support for Xft in pango ?
Not all linux distribs and X servers support this option, so it would be nice
to be able to configure pango wioutht this beast. Again, let me know
if you'd like a report in bugzilla.

Arno