Re: Tooltips events

Tim Janik escribió:

> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Santiago Capel wrote:
>
> > Tim Janik escribió:

> > > gdk windows have event masks, so unlkess you request button press events
> > > (gtk_widget_add_events()) you won't get them.

> > > a remark aside, i doubt it makes much sense to start a new tooltips
> > > system without proper support by gtk internals, which will be required
> > > to allow tooltips on NO_WINDOW widgets, respectively widget areas.
> > >

> > These bubbles only affect to one widget, it is not a system properly. I don't
> > think I will need two much support from Gtk internals.
>
> if you want to pop them up upon the mouse pointer entering the widget,
> that won't work for NO_WINDOW widgets (e.g. labels) as those don't have their
> own windows that you receive enter/leave events for (GtkTooltips suffers from
> this very same problem).

No, my bubbles are not tooltips. They will be created by the programmer with a
function like this:

    gtkx_bubble_new(GtkWidget destwidget, gchar *text, gint type_of_movement, gint
type_of_destruction);

and once created, they move around the screen by a timeout function until the
bubble meets the condition of the type_of_destruction (it can be, for example,
bubble_clicked, bubble_mouseover, bubble_out_of_screen, bubble_out_of_window, etc.
)

The main purpose of them is to alert the user of certain validation errors in
widgets, in a more convenient way than dialogs with messages. They will also be
used to show information about the widgets, and a widget will be able to have more
than one bubble at the same time.

Anyway, thank you very much for your information.
When it is finished, it will be part of gtkwidgexts
http://gtkxwidgexts.sourceforge.net

Regards
    Santi