BUG: deleting the last row of a GtkCList

If I have a (GTK 2.0.5) GtkCList (I know, deprecated in 2.0 but when I
have a glade2 I will update to use a newer supported widget) and at
some point the last row of the list is "selected" (has the highlighted
bar over it and the "box" around it) and while it is selected that row
is deleted, the selected row does not get reset to the new last row.

I suppose which row becomes selected when you delete the last (and
selected) row is subjective, but in the absense of the user specifying
otherwise, making the new last row of the list the selected row seems
the most intuitive, no?  It seems strange to not have a row with the
highlighted bar over it and the box around it (as in when the last row
is selected and then deleted).  Having to use the arrow to move up to
the last row seems just as silly.

Is this not a bug?

b.

--