Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD

> The dependency adventures are temporary; as the new libraries become a
> standard part of every X installation this extra burden will disappear.
> I've tried to make the burden as small as possible while providing new
> functionality.

We're indeed living in different worlds. In the world I live in, every X
installation is not based on XFree at all, and adopting new technologies
such as the ones you're talking about (which do not quite exist yet, or
are not mature enough) takes years, so I simply hope that the core X
back end will stay around for several years before it is declared
obsolete. I also hope that other non X pango back ends such as the Win32
back end will be considered rather than being simply second class citizens.

Arno