Re: [Gtk+] Cross-compiling of Glib 2.0.3

Hi,

Gilles Durant <gilles src ricoh co jp> writes:

> I'm currently trying to cross-compile glib 2.0.3 for sh3eb-linux and
> while I run configure program
> I got error message saying "Checking for extra flags to get ANSI library
> prototypes ...
> cannot run test program while cross compiling".
> I 've checked quite a lot on this mailing list archive ... I found
> things about genmarshal or compiling on native and then cross ..... (or
> something like this) ...
> Unfortunately I still don't understand quite well what should I do to be
> able to configure and then make glib when using a cross-compiler.

as with every application that uses autoconf, you need to pass
configure a pregenerated config.cache that has the values for the
target system. The tests will not be performed then. Most probably
your cross-compilation environment provides such a file for you.

BTW, this mailing-list is not the right spot for this kind of
questions.  It's about development of GTK+, not about using GTK+/GLib.

Salut, Sven