Re: GTK+-2.0.0 "release candidate" tarballs

Christian <chri ascensit com> writes:

> Owen Taylor writes:
>  >
>  > What you should do with these tarballs:
>  >
>  >  - Try building them on as many different systems as possible
>  >
>  >  - Send reports of successful compilation to gtk-devel-list gnome org (we wouldn't
>  >    mind if you took a look a the archives at:
>  >
>  >      http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list
>  >
>  >    first to check if someone already has sent in a report on a similar system).
>  >    Information about operating system, distribution, compiler, X version
>  >    is all useful.
>  >
>  >  - File bug reports on bugzilla.gnome.org about problems you have.
>  >

> I found problems with linux-fb gdk target and filled bugzilla's
> reports. Since the problems seem quite obvious (like some functions
> not implemented) I wonder if will be this target in 2.0 supported?
> Someone already working on it or I can go on fixing?

No, the linux-fb won't be officially supported in the 2.0.0 release;
in fact, the only officially supported target in 2.0.0 will be the
X11 target; we hope to add the Win32 backend as officially supported
fairly quickly afterwards.

There is no real target for when we'll get the linux-fb target
officially supported, it basically depends on when someone who needs
it picks it up, fixes up the easy stuff, gives it some testing, and
gives us an idea of what needs to be done before it can be declared
ready to go.