Re: Should gtk call bind_textdomain_codeset() also for glib20?

Owen Taylor writes:
 >   A workaround for this is to install GNU gettext and use that libintl.

(That is obviously what I do on Win32.) Only yesterday I noticed that
gtk+'s configure doesn't find bind_textdomain_codeset unless I
explicitly specify LIBS=-lintl when running configure. (Even though
pkg-config --libs glib-2.0 for me does include -lintl.) Should the
check for bind_textdomain_codeset be taken out from the
AC_CHECK_FUNCS, and instead put in a separate AC_CHECK_LIB that
includes $GDK_LIBS?  (Don't have time right now to check.)

--tml