Re: Roadmap

"Bryan W. Headley" <bwheadley earthlink net> writes:
> Is there a roadmap of features you guys want Gtk+ to support?

bugzilla.gnome.org tracks new features. However we don't have a
roadmap yet in that they haven't been assigned to 2.2/2.4/2.6/3.0
milestones yet.

> I ask because I'd like to have a gdk_pixbuf_new_from_raw_data (), that
> behaves like gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file, except, well, I have guchar* that
> came from somewhere (okay: a DB Blob) that IS the exact contents of an
> image file, and I want it to work as if I gave it a filename.

Right now you can do this by feeding your raw data to a
GdkPixbufLoader, but I agree that a convenience function
would be nice, since you're about the third person so far to miss the
GdkPixbufLoader approach.

So maybe open a bug report to add this convenience function. Put the
string "API" in the keywords field since it's an API
addition/modification.

> 3. Partial buffer support would be a bear. Callbacks firing off when
> data received off of socket, asynch io, etc. Sounds like what an HTML
> renderer needs/does already.

GdkPixbufLoader is designed for this, of course.

Havoc