Re: GTK+-2.x planning

Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org> writes:
> > Around 17 o'clock on Mar 12, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > One thing I've been meaning to bring up is printing. Right now we basically
> > > have that on the someday-maybe 3.x timescale - which is 2004 or most likely
> > > later. I think a stopgap would be valuable if we can come up with something
> > > meaningful, perhaps just a virtual GdkDrawable.
>
> At a bare minimum some form of Pango backend that would generate
> postscript directly or via gnome-print.  Without a way to print a
> pango layout it is very difficult for me to use.

Yes - and of course we continue to hope that the gnome-print
maintainers will take an interest in fontconfig and pango...

A stopgap printing thing (whatever it would be) would probably not be
a real gnome-print equivalent, just a simple thing people could use
for one-off apps or something.

As you can see my thoughts here are 1/8-baked.

Havoc