Re: Thoughts on combo replacement

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > Having a combobox with entry and history, with the history in a menu
> > looks weird IMHO. We definitely need a list there. But we definitely
> > need a menu for a color picker combo. I'm not really sure if making
> > menus/lists a theme option is a good idea.
>
> I don't really understand why having the history be a menu doesn't
> work.

A menu suggests a static set of options, while a list suggests a dynamic
one -- which is the case in history combos, since the list always changes
based on your input.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001