Re: 2.0.3 testing tarballs

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:

> On Thu, 23 May 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
>

> > I've put candidate tarballs for GTK+-2.0.3 on ftp.gtk.org in:
> >
> >  /pub/gtk/v2.0/testing
> >
> > (glib-rc1-2.0.3, pango-rc1-1.0.2, gtk+-rc1-2.0.3; there will be a new
> > ATK release as well, but I haven't made a candidate tarball for that
> > yet; the changes from 1.0.1 are pretty tiny.)
> >
> > If people want to try them out on various machines and let us know the
> > results, I'd appreciate it.
>
> the dependencies mismatch again, gtk+2.0.3 should depend on
> glib-2.0.3, not 2.0.1 (for obvious reasons, gtk+2.0.2 doesn't
> depend on glib-2.0.2, but that's an exception in our release cycles).

Darn, forgot that again. I think it's probably best not to
respin the tarballs for this, however:

 - It's pretty minor
 - Some changes have ended up in CVS since I did the tarballs, so I'd
   have to either get those changes (and lose testing) or play a
   bunch of CVS games.
 - I've been embarassingly slow in getting these out already,
   I'd rather not do another go-around.