SuSE and Red Hat glib compatibility

I am attempting to install OSCAR on a SuSE 7.3 system of computers (the soon to be cluster...I hope).

In comparing package versions and requirements for OSCAR, I see that Red Hat 7.2 uses glibc-common-2.2.4-19.3.i386.rpm and glibc-2.2.4-19.3.i386.rpm to provide the glib functionality. With SuSE, the only glib package is glibc-2.2.4-21.i386.rpm (not counting the 'glibc-*.*.*-devel-*.rpm' packages for each system).

My question is this: Will the SuSE package provide all of the functions that the Red Hat package does? If not, is there an alternative to the glibc-common package that will work with SuSE? My system complains about MANY conflicts when I test ran an install of the glibc-common package (I was not suprised).

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.