Re: atk,pango,gtk+/cygwin

Stefan Ondrejicka <ondrej idata sk> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Here are some patches to pango,atk and gtk+ which I made to get it running
> and compile on cygwin:
>
> pango:
>
> * configure.in: on cygwin add /bin/w32api to library search patch

The actual code adds /lib/w32api...

> * pango/pango-utils.c: use DllMain also on cygwin
>   pango_get_sysconf_subdirectory():
>   pango_get_lib_subdirectory(): on cygwin optionaly return standard "unix"
>   path or "win32"

Can you explain this change? Adding more options for ways
to install things very seldom makes things easier.

> atk:
>
> * configure.in: define -no-undefined also on cygwin

I think the name 'atk_native_win32' was specifically meant to
mean 'not-cygwin'. If you are setting it for cygwin, you
probably should drop the 'native'.

> * configure.in: on cygwin add /bin/w32api to library search patch
>
> * gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-io.c: use DllMain also on cygwin
>   get_libdir(): on cygwin optionaly return standard "unix"
>   path or "win32" path

Same question as for Pango.

> * gdk/gdktypes.h: when compiling DLLs on cygwin set GDKVAR to dllexport,
>   when compilng static gdk library, don't use dllexport
>
> * gtk/gtkprivate.h: G_OS_WIN32 -> G_PLATFORM_WIN32
>
> * gtk/gtkmain.c: removed functions _gtk_get_libdir(),
>   _gtk_get_localedir(), _gtk_get_sysconfdir, _gtk_get_data_prefix()
>
> * gtk/gtkutils.c: new file contains moved functions from gtk/gtkmain.c
>   and adapted for cygwin

Why do you move these files into a different file?

+/*
+ * please don't include gtkprivate.h, on cygwin it will cause problems
+ */

I think we probably should just use _gtk_get_libdir(), etc, throughout
the code and on Unix do:

 const gchar *
 _gtk_get_libdir (void)
 {