Re: GTK 2.0, showing "full screen"

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 08:22:03PM +0100, Robert Roebling wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> what is the official way to switch a GtkWindow to
> getting displayed in "full screen". I know how
> to do it in GTK 1.2, but I found nothing for
> GTK 2.0. Any hint appreciated,

There isn't API for it in 1.2; presumably whatever you were doing
there will still work...

In 2.1.x (to become 2.0) there's a gtk_window_fullscreen() function,
which currently only works with window managers that genuinely have a
fullscreen mode feature. It could be extended to have a fallback mode,
but it's unclear if that's a good idea or not.

Havoc