Re: 2.1.3 plans

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 23:38, Owen Taylor wrote:

> > b) whether GTK_STOCK_AUTHENTICATION is good enough as name
>
> The patch has GTK_STOCK_DIALOG_AUTHENTICATION... do we see
> this dialog as being used only for dialogs?

The hig uses it for an "authentication alert", and the attached
pngs are 48x48, thats why I used the dialog namespace. I can
certainly see uses for 24x24 or 16x16 variants of the icon, but
I guess we would also want to have an unlocked variant then to
indicate secure/unsecure or locked/unlocked...

> I'm sure people will be tempted to use it for menu items,
> buttons, etc. If we think that usage is inappropriate,
> then the DIALOG name makes sense. If we think it is OK,
> then dropping the DIALOG probably makes sense.

We have currently no stock icons of size 48x48 outside
the dialog namespace, so I guess if we would need to scale the icon
down in this case.

Matthias