Re: My take icon icon resizing

>Subject: Re: My take icon icon resizing
>From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
>To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>, Brian Cameron sun com,
"Mark McLoughlin (Sun)" <markmc sun com>, gtk-devel-list gnome org
>Date: 01 Oct 2002 15:31:57 +0100
>
>On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 15:22, Calum Benson wrote:
>
>> There is one important behaviour from Brian's original patch that yours
>> doesn't replicate though-- when I change back to a regular theme from a
>> large print theme, the icons don't get smaller again because the regular
>> themes don't specify an icon size.  Was this intentional?
>
>*Sigh* some further clarification :)  What I meant was that the icons
>don't get smaller again there and then, but if you restart the app, they
>*do* go back to the default size in that app.
>
>So we currently have an inconsistency here; either they should resize
>immediately, or we should specify icon sizes for all themes (which I
>presume we don't really want to have to do, right Bill?)

Agreed, we don't want to require this.  For one thing, it is
unlikely that every theme _will_ specify icon sizes.

Brian's patch got around this cleverly by storing the gtk default
icon sizes and reverting to them when unspecified by the currently
active RC file.

-Bill

>Cheeri,
>Calum.
>
>--
>CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer       Sun Microsystems Ireland
>mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Group
>http://ie.sun.com                      +353 1 819 9771
>
>Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland