Re: Problems with querying the pointer

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:

> As for deprecation, the policy we've being doing so far is "no new
> deprecations in 2.2, save them to be added to 2.4". I'll make sure
> there is a bug open to deprecate it for 2.4.

i think that's a bit pointless ;)
if you want to deprecate something in 2.4, it's basically deprecated now,
you're just not telling people.
i'd suggest to "softly" deprecate these things now, which is deprectaing
it's use in the docs, and the headers (by means of surrounding comments)
and just defer putting them into GTK_ENABLE_DEPRECATED until 2.4.

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

---
ciaoTJ