Re: [g-a-devel]Patch for bug 91993 in at-poke

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 13:58, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Padraig,
>
> On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 14:35, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> > > 	Curious as to why we have to have an 'idle' handler there, the
> > > potential for race conditions etc.
>
> > We are dealing here with the case where at-poke is driving the application. We
> > select a node in the Select Treeview by pressing the mouse button when over the
> > node.
> >
> > If there is currently no node selected because Clear has been pressed, the code
> > in gtktreeview.c (gtk_tree_view_button_press) first selects the ifrst row of the
> > TreeView when it calls gtk_widget_grab_focus() and then subsequently selects the
> > requested node.

I'm seeing this behaviour, and it annoys me too (:. I don't know about
the rationale of selecting the first item when the treeview gets focus
(maybe keynav related -- not sure). IIRC the plan to fix this is using
TreeView modes, once the TreeView modes API is ready.

	Kris