Re: Independent image loaders in gdk-pixbuf

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> I have finally delivered the "independent image loaders" patch to gtk HEAD
> (and shortly after that, the svg loader has popped up in librsvg. Thanks,
> Dom) It would be nice if people could play around with this some more;
> there is even some documentation in the gdk-pixbuf API reference under
> "Extending GdkPixbuf".
>
> In order for the new format-listing-and-information API to become truely
> useful, I need feedback on appropriate mime types and file extensions and
> some better descriptions. The descriptive texts in cvs right now are
> mostly "The XYZ image format" which seems not very useful. Of course, the
> appropriate length and content of the text depends a lot on the intended
> use. Dom, Alex, since you proposed that addition, what would you want to
> see there ?

Most of this data can be pulled from gnome-vfs.mime and gnome-vfs.keys in
gnome-mime-data.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an otherworldly umbrella-wielding grifter on the edge. She's a
cosmopolitan psychic opera singer with only herself to blame. They fight
crime!