Win32 glib io problems

Does anyone know of the problem with glib io in win32
as reported in gimp/gtk win32 dev list?

Basically async socket communication is slow or times
out unless the mouse pointer is being moved around
within a gtk window.  I have noticed a few people
experiencing this.  The above thread includes a patch
(which I havn't tried) and wanted to check here to see
if this was on the radar screen to be fixed before
setting up a build env for glib and applying this
patch (assuming it works).

- Herman