Re: Behavior change / Usability bugs

Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:

> On Fri, 2002-10-18 at 00:16, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > It turns out that a bunch of the bugs on the 2.2.0 milestone fall
> > into the category of suggested changes to the behavior of GTK+
> > from the user's perspective.
> >
> > That is bugs of the form:
> >
> >  GTK+ should do A, it currently does B.
>
> Does 54047 (toolbar keynav) fall into this category?  "It should be
> implemented, it currently doesn't"  :)  The bug report still targets it
> for 2.2.0.
>
> Actually the main reason I ask is that we currently have a mismatch
> between bonobo toolbars (which implement keynav, but following the
> original keynav spec which subsequently turned out to be inconsistent
> with other things) and gtk toolbars (which just don't implement it at
> all yet), and we need to come up with a grand plan where it's
> implemented consistently in both....
>
> And yes, I realise a useful part of this exercise would be to properly
> update the year-old keynav spec-- it's on my list :/

I didn't put the toolbar bug on this list, because we had already
come to agreement about what to do there, it's just blocking because
it a lot of work to implement it in a way that I'm comfortable with.

(It's probably pretty unlikely that it will make 2.2.0 at this
point, I'll post a list later today of the open bugs and which
ones I think we'll have to put off.)

Of course, if the intended toolbar behavior has changed as compared
to what is in the bug, that's another matter...