Re: gtype introspection

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 15:52, Tim Janik wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Oct 2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
>

> > Matthias Clasen <maclas gmx de> writes:
> >
> > > I'm currently looking into making gtk-doc emit more information about
> > > the type hierarchy and found that some things are simply not available
> > > at all. E.g. there seems to be no way to find the prerequisites of an
> > > interface. Ok to add the following ?
> >
> > Looks fine to me. I wouldn't necessarily name it or design
> > it this way on its own, but it does look like you've done it
> > in the way that is most consistent with what is already there.
> > (g_type_children(), g_type_interface_peek_parent()).
>
> the patch looks good to me. matthias, did you actually give it some testing?

Well, looking closer I found prerequisites *are* used in gtk, e.g. in
GtkCellEditable. This allowed me to quickly verify that
g_type_interface_prerequisites does work. But I was a bit surprised to
see GtkCellEditable report GObject, GtkObject and GtkWidget as
prerequisites when only GtkWidget is explicitly added as a prerequisite.
Why is it necessary to add all supers of an instantiatable type to the
prerequisites when the type itself is added ? It looks a bit confusing
to list all three as prerequisites in the docs for GtkCellEditable and
manually removing redundant supers from the prerequisites in gtk-doc
does not sound like the right solution...

Matthias