Re: Behavior change / Usability bugs

> Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:
> > FWIW, I just spoke to Bill and his preference would be for toolbars just
> > to be in the window's regular Tab sequence.  I'd be okay with that too I
> > guess, that's what Java does IIRC
>
> I have to wonder about this... Toolbars are supposed to be mouse
> shortcuts for menu navigation. Doesn't putting them in the normal tab
> sequence just make normal keyboard nav clunky (having to tab through
> all the toolbar items if you don't know about Control-Tab) for
> minimal gain?

The idea here isn't to put every toolbar item in the focus chain, only
the toolbar container.  Once the toolbar container receives focus you
can use the arrow keys to navigate through it.

So this would only add one item to the focus chain 'per se'.  I agree
that doing it the other way (i.e. every toolbar item is in the focus
chain) would be burdensome.

-Bill