[no subject]

typedef gboolean (* EggCompletionFunc) (const gchar *key,
                                        const gchar *item,
                                        gpointer     user_data);

void         egg_entry_set_completion_func      (EggEntry
*entry,
                                                 EggCompletionFunc
func,
                                                 gpointer
data);
void         egg_entry_completion_set_model     (EggEntry
*entry,
                                                 GtkTreeModel
*model,
                                                 gint
text_column);
void         egg_entry_completion_enable        (EggEntry
*entry);
void         egg_entry_completion_disable       (EggEntry
*entry);
gboolean     egg_entry_completion_enabled       (EggEntry
*entry);

For the "show titles" thing I guess another parameter (int titles or
whatever) to _set_model would suffice.

> After this API, we could also consider convenience API such as doing
> completions from a tree model, or the EggAutocompletion object, or
> whatever, but that's all extras. The core API is just the
> callback-driven hook in GtkEntry. Right?

That would be a minimal API, I don't know if you can implement
everything with just a single callback-driven hook.