Re: gep announce mass subscription

Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
> > > Wouldn't it have be sufficient to just ask for subscriptions on
> > > gtk-dvel-list? I think it would, so please don't ever do this again.
> >
> > In my experience (having tried that a couple times in the past), we
> > would end up with only about half or less of the people that should be
> > on the list actually responding to such a request.
>
> so what? It's the people's choice and I don't see what gives you or
> anyone else the right to decide who's on which list. This is in no way
> different than putting people on spam lists or filling their inbox
> with infos they haven't asked for.

Really....

gep-announce is meant to be a low traffic list for announcing
GEP's, not for discussion. If we get more than 5-6 new GEPs per
month, I'd be surprised.

It probably would have made more sense to simply subscribe
this list to gep-announce, but I'm not sure that would have
been received any more favorably...