Docking widget for GTK 2.4

Hi

I was wondering if there are anhy plans for adding a docking widget for
GTK 2.4. Since we already have a more-or-less purely GTK and very
powerful and flexible docking widget in GDL, it would be nice if it
could be imported into libegg and given some consideration. It has a
nice API and seems very well thought out. It also includes a GUI layout
manager and uses XML for saving/loading layouts.

You can check out gdl from GNOME CVS and have a look at it. We are also
using it in anjuta2 and anjuta HEAD.

What are the steps required for getting this into GTK ? Though I'm not
the writer of the code, maybe I can do some of the required donkey-work
for preparing it for inclusion ?

--
Biswa.