RE: About dialog API

> > void       gtk_about_dialog_set_name (GtkAboutDialog *dialog,
> >                                       const gchar    *credits);
> > void       gtk_about_dialog_set_version (GtkAboutDialog dialog,
> >                                          const gchar   *version);
>
> As an aside, I think these setters are probably bloat - nobody is
> going to change the stuff after creating the dialog, so why not just
> go with properties. Especially if the convenience function already
> requires use of properties.

I agree with this.  Personally, I see would go with either of these methods:

	* method 1
	gtk_about_dialog_new(parent,
				   GTK_ABOUT_NAME, "myname",
				   GTK_ABOUT_VERSION, "version",
				   -1);
	* method 2
	gtk_about_dialog_new(parent,
				   "name",
				   "version",
				   ...);

In my applications at the moment, I use the second of the two methods for my
about box (to set everything in one call).

The reason I like the first method is that there are some properties which
will not apply to some developers.  Say for example, the "comments" property
is not used, you would not want to hide that widget on the about box.

Also, I have thought of a few properties not yet mentioned.  I use GTK to
write commercial applications, and the things that are important on the
about box, are:

	* license name
	* license / serial number
	* company
	* company logo

So already, you have two logos and another three options.  If this was added
to ONE call of gtk_about_dialog_show() it would definitely be a lot to
remember.

The idea of two logo's is important.  Perhaps you may want more than two? I
see this being used in applications which may adhere to one or more
standards and want those logos on their about box.  But primarily, two logos
would be important for the company that wrote the software to put their
image on the about box and an image for the customer's logo (similar to how
Internet Explorer allows ISP's to have their logos on distributions).

Also, until recently, my about box had a title of "About".  This was pulled
up and it was changed to "About <appname>".  Would we expect the developer
to get the window and set the title themselves or have this as a parameter /
API call?

Regards,
Martyn