Re: About dialog API

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:02:27AM +0100, martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:
> > I think we shouldn't. Most vendors don't do that (and GtkAbout may at
> > some point may display version number in the window title -
> > that would be
> > confusing if it contained build number too).
>
> So you are suggesting a ONE of the other solution? I think both should be
> accepted.  I use it at the moment in my application and it is handy to know
> when it was built even though you know the verion.

I think both should be accepted (and the case when version number contains
build number also should be accepted). But we may wish to recommend the
authors to not include build number in the version (so dialog could draw
version number in big font, and build number - in smaller one).
--
 Best regards,
  -Vlad