Re: status icon API

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 10:10:37PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> I'd want to leave this out for now, since we don't have the capability
> on X. (It was in the original spec, but the KDE people were unhappy with
> it.) If we do decide to add it, there needs to be some way of finding
> out if it is supported on the system, since if it isn't there, the app
> needs to do something different.

KDE just wanted to do it in the toolkit rather than on the "server
side" (in the panel/tray/container code).

So I'd say we should have API for it. We can either always do it in
the toolkit, or do it in the toolkit only if the embedding tray
doesn't support it (i.e. have it as an optional protocol feature).

Havoc